XRAY T4F 1/10 Front Wheel Drive FWD Electric Touring Car Kit
Sorry, this item is out of stock
“Using our world championship winning T4 platform, we worked with the XRAY R&D team with great input of Harald Schmittgen to create the finest, highest-performing FWD electric touring car sharing the XRAY's commitment to engineering perfection, design, performance and support; all made possible by state-of-the-art in-house manufacturing.” Martin Hudy - XRAY T4F designer
NOTE: Finished kit shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Chassis: The T4F is super reactive and easy to control thanks to the high traction from the ultra-narrow chassis design. The 2.2mm thick chassis is CNC-machined from premium-grade graphite material and features pre-drilled mounting locations for chassis weights and an adjustable battery holder to tune the T4F balance for any situation.
- Top Deck: The included 2.0mm graphite top deck works great in most conditions with the standard graphite chassis. The shape of the rear portion of the top has been specifically designed to achieve more traction and in-corner steering.
- Battery Holders: Smart battery holders are specifically designed for LiPo batteries and are reinforced for harder impacts. The battery holders prevent the batteries from moving under racing conditions and crashes. The kit includes two different composite holders for multiple battery sizes and orientations. Adjustable battery holders are available in aluminum or a heavier brass alternative that functions as an additional chassis weight.
- Weight Balance: The T4F chassis accommodates standard or short LiPo battery packs with 4 different mounting alternatives to adjust the proper weight balance.
- Bulkheads: The super small and lightweight bulkheads are positioned towards the chassis centerline to provide maximum traction, steering, and proper balance. To accommodate the ball-bearing anti-roll bar mounting system, the bulkheads feature integrated mounting locations to hold the anti-roll bar collars for precise and smooth operation. All bulkhead parts are CNC-machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum and are designed to provide the lightest and strongest support framework for the car.
- Motor Mount System: The design of the motor mount allows for super easy installation of the motor using only 3 screws. The motor mount is designed to keep the CG of the car as low as possible.
- Drivetrain: The front wheel drive system features XRAY’s proven Gear Differential with a 38T pulley and a super lightweight, hollow aluminum layshaft with 16T drive pulley for an efficient internal ratio of 2.375.
- Easy Front Diff Access: Access to the front differential is quick and easy via the removable upper clamps.
- Suspension: From the narrow arms, to the compact front and rear suspension blocks, through the small and robust steering blocks, every suspension part has been designed to provide responsive handling characteristics in all racing conditions. The ultra-lightweight suspension parts are molded from a special composite material to reduce un-sprung weight and still retain the durability to withstand the rigors of high-performance racing. Using eccentric bushings inserted into the aluminum suspension holders, combined with adjustment shims and multiple mounting locations, the T4F suspension geometry is completely adjustable.
- Suspension Arms: The specially-formulated composite material results in a very lightweight suspension arm that can withstand the rigors of high-performance racing. Features include a single optimized shock mounting position and integrated anti-roll bar mounts. The included composite suspension arms generate more overall traction, making the car easier to drive and increasing stability. The graphite suspension arms for higher traction tracks are available separately.
- Graphite Stiffeners: XRAY’s SFA™ graphite stiffeners allow for super-quick suspension flex adjustment to easily adjust the traction of the car in various track conditions. The smart graphite stiffeners can very quickly adjust the car to current conditions without changing suspension arms. At the beginning of a race event when traction is low, the arms are used without the SFATM graphite stiffeners. When the traction increases, the suspension can easily be made stiffer by mounting the SFATM graphite stiffeners for more stability and easier driving characteristics. The graphite stiffeners give the car maximum stability in chicanes and allow for easier and smoother steering.
- C-hubs: The C-hubs feature large openings for quicker assembly and maintenance of the ECS drive-shafts. The entire ECS assembly can be easily inserted/removed through the C-hub without the need for disassembly. The added clearance also reduces collisions between the drive-shaft and the C-hub in crashes. The medium 4° C-hubs are included in the kit which are suitable for the most common track conditions.
- Steering Blocks: The small and tough steering blocks each feature two Ackermann positions. The front steering blocks also feature small but robust 5x10x4mm ball-bearings to minimize unsprung weight. The hard steering blocks are included in the kit which are suitable for the most common track conditions.
- Rear Uprights: The rear uprights are available in several versions for multiple suspension tuning choices. The Hard, 0°, 2-hole upright is included in the kit for its versatility, suitable in a wide range of conditions.
- Steering System: The dual-arm steering system is supported by six ball-bearings and runs on aluminum stands. Ackermann is easily adjusted by inserting shims between the steering plate and steering rods. The steering system has a low mounting position for the steering linkage, giving the car easier handling going into corners. More aggressive handling is easily accomplished by inserting shims between the steering blocks and steering rods.
- Floating Steering System: The optional floating steering system works without affecting flex. This makes the car easier to drive in high-traction conditions, and chassis roll is reduced especially when driving through the curbs. The car also handles more consistently on bumpy tracks.
- Servo Saver: The popular XRAY servo saver consists of 4 springs which makes the servo saver strong enough to provide the precise steering racers demand, while still being flexible enough to prevent servo damage in hard crashes. The servo saver has interchangeable bushings to fit most popular servos.
- Body Posts: Beefy 6mm thick body posts are made from special composite material that provides maximum strength but sufficient flex to reduce body post breakage in hard crashes or if the car flips over. The body supports are rounded to have a better fit and provide better support to the car body.
- Bumper: The front of the car is protected by a composite lower bumper with an additional foam bumper made from high-density foam material. The upper graphite bumper holds the entire bumper assembly together.
- Upper Clamps: Upper clamps feature integrated centering pins to easily mount the graphite shock towers in the proper position, and more importantly these will ensure that the shock towers do not move in a crash and cause chassis tweak.
- ULP Shock Towers: The shock towers are designed to be used with ULP (Ultra-Low Profile) shocks. The towers feature alignment holes for the upper clamp centering pins that ensure perfect fitment of the shock towers in exactly the same position every time they are installed, helping to eliminate tweak or uneven spring pre-tension of the shocks.
- ULP Shocks: The ULP (Ultra-Low Profile) shock absorbers make the car easier to drive in chicanes and make it more resistant to traction rolling, letting the car carry more speed through high-traction sweepers. Steering response and overall cornering speed are significantly improved as well. The piston set includes 3- and 4-hole pistons with 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2mm diameter holes.
- Progressive Shock System: Innovative progressive shock system for ULP touring car shocks for improved traction and steering characteristics. Shock insert has 3 triangle cuts and is used with piston without holes. The hardness of the shock is influenced not by the holes in the piston but with the insert. The design provides softer damping in the first part of the stroke, and gets progressively harder as the shock compresses. The shock inserts must always be used with pistons without holes, must be used both front & rear, and only on asphalt. The same oil is used in these insert-equipped shocks as with standard shocks.
- XRAY Gear Differential: Complete gear differential set includes composite differential case and cover with pulley. Differential gears are made from tough composite material, precision-molded composite gears combined with light aluminum hardcoated outdrives, which create a lighter and super-smooth gear differential. When the diff is correctly built there is very little maintenance required. There is no need to change oil on a regular basis, and there is no leakage due to the very good sealing system. The gear diff also increases on-power steering which is needed on almost all types of tracks.
- ECS Drive Shafts: The XRAY ECS drive shafts equalize the speed between the drive shaft and the wheel. With a unique 2-piece joint between the axle and the wheel, an extreme wheel turning angle is divided into two shallower angles without causing binding. With the ECS drive shafts, wheel vibrations and noise are decreased to minimum, steering is increased, and cornering speed & smoothness are noticeably increased. Regardless of cornering speed and wheel angle, the inner wheel will not bind or vibrate.
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- Motor, ESC & Pinion Gear
- Steering Servo
- 2S Lipo Battery Pack & Battery Charger
- Tires, Wheels & CA Glue
- 190mm TC Body & Polycarbonate paint
- Fiber Tape, Double Sided Tape & Medium Grade Threadlock